Acknowledging that you might have a problem with alcohol is the first big step. Consulting the help and advice of your General Practitioner or Medical Specialist is a safe place to start. Be honest and up-front about your drinking habits. They can provide different types of assessment and available support options.
It can be harmful to stop drinking completely if you’re physically dependent on alcohol. Therefore, it’s suggested that you speak with a professional about changing your habits to improve your chances of success and a healthier lifestyle.
Signs that you may need help:
- You find yourself in troublesome situations because of drinking
- You often feel an urge to have a drink
- You begin to think that drinking is causing you problems
- Other people voice their concerns about your drinking
Find a free self-assessment questionnaire from The Kusnacht Practice by clicking here.
Please be aware that drinking patterns vary enormously. Test results should not be used as a substitute for clinical advice.
What are the health complications associated with alcoholism?
- Being a heavy drinker or a social binge drinker can have serious short-term and long-term complications.
- Excessive drinking can increase your risk of serious health problems, including certain cancers like breast cancer and cancers of the mouth, throat, oesophagus and liver.
- Chances of sudden death increase if you already have cardiovascular disease and a high alcohol consumption, as does heart muscle damage (alcoholic cardiomyopathy) which often leads to heart failure.
- Sexual and reproductive problems are common with prolonged alcohol abuse, and can also lead to brain damage and other problems in an unborn child.
The Kusnacht Practice can help
The Kusnacht Practice is a global leader in treating dependency and mental health disorders, and substance dependency. Founded in 2011, the state-of-the-art facility combines Swiss standards of excellence with an internationally-renowned team of doctors and psychiatrists to deliver unparalleled medical expertise.
We treat the entire person:
mind, body and energy.
Our approach focuses on the four major pillars of treatment: psychotherapy, Biomolecular Restoration, complementary treatments, and spiritual counselling in the form of The 12 Steps. Using The 12 Steps, our qualified experts provide care and support individually in discreet and comfortable surroundings.
The benefits of exclusive dependency treatment programmes
Our state-of-the-art facility means that each patient resides in their own private five-star villa on the shores of Lake Zurich. You will be treated one-to-one with the highest standards of professionalism, care and confidentiality. The Kusnacht Practice gives you the best possible care and treatment, custom-made for you. It does so in a manner that gives you the greatest chance of life-changing, long-term recovery.
We adopt an approach that is discreet, non-judgemental and confidential. Our priority is to identify and treat the root causes of alcohol dependency and treat that. We look beyond the symptoms of alcoholism and examine the function of drinking in a client’s life.
At the heart of the programme is the idea that recovery requires a ‘spiritual awakening’ that you can achieve by taking certain steps, such as examining past behaviour. This unique method may initially sound like an abstract concept, but at The Kusnacht Practice, we have seen first-hand how The 12 Steps facilitate the saving of numerous lives.
If you, a loved one or someone you know needs help, please reach out to The Kusnacht Practice for the discreet and professional care needed to help your situation.